Poultry farming has changed dramatically over the past two decades with independent poultry farming concepts, the sector has moved into a well-organized network of integrated farming also known as contract farming. Poultry farmers today find great relief and satisfaction in this model.
The integrated / contract farming model is gaining significant amount of popularity and acceptance among poultry farmers. This model protects and retains the interests of both the farmer and the integrator. The popularity of this model is influenced by the fact that the integrator takes most of the risks as opposed to an independent farmer. The integrator takes full responsibility of providing day old chicks, feed, medicines and supervision to the farmers. In addition, the integrator brings Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), and technical know-how which leads to higher productivity.
The absence of these benefits resulted in heavy investments, multiple sources of interaction, and overall poor yield to the independent farmer. Last but not the least, farmers are assured of considerable earnings in the integrated / contract farming model.
“POULTRY FARM MANAGEMENT SYSTEM “is web based application software which is to be used in the poultry farming. This is particularly aimed to systematically carry out the entire activities performed in the farm as every system has curtained limitation, this system has too but it is almost well enough in the specification system, and lastly upgradation in future is our hope.
The proposed system works the following step
- Feed Record
- Bird Record
- Medicine Record
- EGG Record, etc.
- Labour Record
- Expenditure Record
- Poultry farm management has been computerised to run the farm easily.
- Records are maintained in a Database
- Any Query related to the farm is generated easily.
- Most of the manual works are reduced.
Advantage of the Proposed System
- USER FRIENDLY: The purposed system is user friendly because the retrieval and storing of data is fast and data is maintained efficiently and more over the graphical user is interface and is provided in the proposed system, which provide user to deal with the system easily.
- REPORTS ARE EASILY GENERATED: Reports are easily generated in the proposed system hence user can generate the report as per the requirement (monthly) or in the middle of the session
- VERY LESS PAPER WORK: The proposed system requires very less paper work. All the data is fed into the computer immediately and report can be generated through computer
- COMPUTER OPERATOR CONTROL: computer operator control will be there so less chance of error, moreover storing and retrieving of information is easy hence work can be done without spending and in time.
- SPEED: Manual system is always time consuming because humans are employed to do necessary action to generate reports and store records, it always is slow. In case of computerised system the great processing speed of the computer system will surely help in quickly performing the process.
- LESS SPACE REQUIREMENT: In the traditional system, there is a need to maintain voluminous paper file. They occupy quiet a large amount of space, moreover their maintenance is extremely difficult. Our system will replace paper files and store the files electronically in the computer’s hard disk or in any other electronic storage media. These files are easy to maintain.
- BACKUP FACILITY: The traditional system offers no backup mechanism. Natural disasters such as flood or fire may cause paper files to lose once for all, however our computerised model offers proper backup mechanism. Files stored electronically in the hard disk can be backed up in secondary storage devices such as pen drive or Cloud.